Tuesday, December 16, 2025

SIXTH GRADE


MISS CLEGG

MISS CLEGG

MISS CLEGG!

No teacher ever preceded a reputation for toughness!  It was not limited to the curriculum, but to those who were limited in knowledge or learning capabilities.  She spent more time and energy with those few than all the rest of the class.  It was evident that she was determined to pass all of those in her class, come hell or high water!

My experience in her class was commendable, both my own and Miss Clegg's.  Because Micky Riley and I were capable in art, we were given those assignments, which resulted in special privileges.  Of course, Bobby Pettus was always included as our assistants, as The  Three Muskeeters.  We were responsible for the art that became Miss Clegg's classroom's permanently.  For example, a full size generic body's circulatory system, which took almost the year to complete.  We illustrated various human body parts, even male and female differences.  I don't how I wound up with the illustration of the full inner and outer human ear, but I found it in a book and I have it displayed in a frame in my "office"

Speaking of performances, Miss Clegg did one or own herself once!  When asked Billy Ray Lipham she had not turned in his assignment paper, he answered, "I ain't got nair'n".  She responded by leaning over his back and beat her with her fists on his back!  After she quit, you could have heard a pin drop.  She did nothing else until the bell rang shortly for ending the day.  I think Billy never did repeat such a comment like that again.  

That's how it was in the Sixth Grade.

KEITH                          


No comments:

Post a Comment

VOTE INTEGRITY

 JULY 31, 2026, HISTORY BECAME RECORDED AS THE MOST SIGNIFICENT ESTABLISHMENT OF VOTE INTEGRITY FOR THE PRESIDENT SINCE OUR TWO HUNDRED FIFT...