My interest in writing is well known among my peers. As I entered Junior High School that was my outlook, even though it was not apparent to me yet. So, it was in my first day in the big boys' playground, or I was to find out that was to the contrary! (My logo, above, was used by me for a sort of newsletter, until it wasn't getting the results I had expected.)
Right off the bat, I was being harassed by three boys in grades beyond me. I guess I was a "pretty boy" and thought they were easy to take advantage of. When I was about to start up the stairs to make some banners for the launch football game this week, they grabbed me to take me outside. I had enough, so without thinking, I uttered the words, "LEAVE ME THE F*** ALONE!", in a very loud voice! I was never bothered again, throughout the rest of my days in school!
Micky Riley, Bobby Pettus and I spent at least as much time out of the school as in it. If there was a game, we made banners and decorated the town. If we had a Senior/Junior Banquet, we created all of the theme-based decorations. We made history for the unique decorations! When we were Sophomores, our first year for the event we were involved in, we built a model Eiffel Tower out of cardboard and masking tape. Since it was early spring, we collected spindly trees and taped them to fake white dogwood buds. The theme for the banquet was Paris in Springtime. We three and Billy Mack Howle, because he had the only car, went out to see the Mt. Zion Cemetery. It is rumored that a headstone turns around 360 degrees at midnight! Like I said, it is a rumor!
When were passing a field we saw lights. We were it was convinced that was aliens! The bottle of lemon flavoring we had drank at the event could not have had anything to do with it, could it?
KEITH

No comments:
Post a Comment